Monday, August 10, 2009

CELEBRATIONS!

Celebrations!, our newest project, is helping to fund special events for children in the foster care system. Celebrations! was created to create special days and positive memories for children growing up in the foster care system. Donations are used to fund expenses for birthday parties, proms, graduations or other special events.

Check out the latest CELEBRATIONS! story:

Breanna and her brother were adopted by their aunt. Their worker wrote that the children “had recently moved to a new location with their aunt. The home has minimal furnishings. The aunt works 2 jobs to pay the high rent and uses what is left for the kids basic needs. Her adoptive mom will help her decorate and organize her room. She has many friends over and would like a room to be proud of. “

Breanna’s aunt wrote about the room makeover:

It was a great joy to watch them. We have all gone through some very emotional days while going through the adoption process. I cannot thank this organization enough for making the end of the process a better celebration. Breanna was so excited to shop for decorations to match the paint she chose. ...Breanna and her new sisters became a little closer as they all worked on her room together. Once again I would like to express sincere gratitude for all that was given to our family through this experience.


Breanna wrote:

I am writing this letter to you to thank you for the money for my room. I really enjoyed shopping for my room. I also enjoyed spending time with my sisters. My room is not quite finished yet with the painting the ceiling. But I love it and so does my friends and family. Thank you so much my room looks amazing.

Items bought for the bedroom makeover:

New bed sheets (brown and white)
New paint (brown and pink and white)
A brown basket (little)
A new laundry basket (white)
New curtain (pink and white and brown)
New curtain rod (dark brown)
Picture frames (pink)
A new bathroom rug (blue and yellow)
Another basket to hold stuff (white)
New picture
Before photos:

After photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment